Sunday, August 20, 2006

Season over, season starts

The Clarkson Sheridan league season for the kids ended this weekend with the Clarkson Cup.
Andrew's team that I coach, were 4 down early in the 2nd half but battled back to amost tie it up,losing a crackin' match 4 -3 . Another 5 minutes of my 1-0-5 formation I had moved to with 3 mins to play may have swung it but the kids did great anyway.
Sean's level is 3 a side with no goalie so they don't keep score,but he knocked in a couple of goals to end off what has been a great 1st season for him.Next year I'll coach his U7 Boys team.He loves to play and seems to have some talent....

So as that season ends, we walk in the door, to settle down to watchthe City Chelsea match I'd taped.....same old same old from City. I fear a long winter ahead, tho' better teams than us have lost by more than 3 to them.
Good to see Dicky back, but as soon as I saw that Weaver was the goalie and we were in yellow I feared the worst- we NEVER win in that awful yellow kit.

Oh well....Pompey and Arsenal (h) next week......

Elsewhere,we'll skip over the result at the swamp, and I'll moan about the penalties given against Sheff U and Watford ....welcome to the Prem,boys.....the fix is in against the minnows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home