Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cardio challenge

One of the benefits of my new gig, is a gym membership, and I have greatly enjoyed my 1st few weeks at Family Fitness.So much so that Colleen has now joined too. They have a free Kids Club (babysitting service) and many of our friends are also members there.
John and I have set ourselves a 150 minute/week cardio/weights challenge whereby if either of us fails to make it to 150 mins in a week, we have to buy a 6 pack of beer for the other. Now this is a serious gauntlet to throw down, as you can imagine.High stakes!
There is one rider on it- that if of your team wins (City or Newcastle) you get 15 "free" minutes towards the 150....we're not banking on that !

So far so good- I hit 150 (just) in week one, and blasted thru it last week, clocking 240 mins.

This week is more of a challenge as we have a beer n curry night on tomorrow and a busy weekend, but it's all about a balanced lifestyle right??

My aim is to lose 30lbs by June 1st,so about 1 lb per week.So far I'm on track but I refer you back to the above paragraph!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home