Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Frank n' Sven

In the many lean years since joining the masochistic ranks of Manchester City supporters, I have seen a few false dawns- the "Forward with Franny" turning into Backwards with ball comes to mind immediately, as does the last big push by Swales to overhaul yoonietid by bringing Malcolm Allison back in 1979-which almost bankrupted the club....as it turned out we'd need to wait for mad Kev for that to re-occur.
So you will forgive me for not being overly excited about "Frank" Shinawatra and Sven taking over the reins of Manchester's club.
This article in the Torygraph may as well have been written by me- what has happened to the game and club I love?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/06/27/sfnwin127.xml

1 Comments:

At 6:46 a.m., Blogger Will said...

the middle-classes stole it from us mate. I give you the new Wembley and the European cup final as examples. hardly any real supporters got to the games because of all the money corporate throws to finance the big-wigs

I'm hoping TFC will be my saving grace when I get back to show that you don't have to price out the common man to improve crowd behaviour and run a financially sound club

 

Post a Comment

<< Home